Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gator386  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:58:50 PM(UTC)
gator386

Groups: Registered

When started the pump comes on ,then the water valve opens to let in the water. But it doesnt fill because the pump stays on and keeps pumping the water out. I replaced the water inlet valve but that didn't fix it. The rinse agent light also stays on. And the display numbers now have periods in between them that were never there before. Usually it would just show a 99 or some other time and then count down instead now it reads ".9.9". I don't think it is the level switch because if I fill the tube of the dishwasher from pans of water,I can see the water level rise in the level switch and the diaphragm operates and activates the micro switch, which I checked with a meter and is working. I think when the dishwasher is first started it is supposed to pump out any remaining water but then stop so it can fill. I think maybe the control module is what controls that. So do you think I have a bad control module. I did resolder the bad heater relay a few years ago, which I know is a common problem. I did check that solder again and it is holding fine. Although when it was bad it cause a different problem that is not what I am having now. Searching the internet I found a manual that says if it won't fill its one of three things: the water inlet valve (which I already replaced), the level switch (which I watched operate so I think it is ok),or the control module. Which I would like to be sure before I replace that because it is over a hundred dollars. I also tried to run the test program by pressing the pots & pans button and the delicate button while turning it on. It read out "2.1", ".0." and ".1". But it never went through any cycles or filled. Has anyone else ever have this problem. Thanks for any ideas!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.