Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
garyph  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 2:49:07 PM(UTC)
garyph

Groups: Registered

GE model PDW9200 is just over five years old. Initial prolem was that wash cyle could not be changed from normal using the control strip (this may have been a problem since it was new--we used only the normal mode). The next problem in the sequence occured a couple of months ago. The dish washer continued to "hum" after the cycle should have completed. The tub was dry, perhaps the humming was the result of the discharge pump improperly continuing to run. I opened the door to stoop the noise and it was still possible to wash dishes in the normal mode.

Three days ago the machine went beserk. It wasn't possible to operate the controls. However the control stip was dynamically diplaying various confiurations with the flashing of the lights. From time to time you could hear the clicking of components operating. Occassionally the machine would stop in the China wash mode. The machine would appear to operate in this mode, however there was no water in the tub.

I thought the problem must be with the controller module and replaced it. This did not fix the problem, sysmptoms remained the same. I'm wondering if the control strip, associated cable and connector might be the problem.

Any opinions on what might be causing the problem? Thanks!

Gary
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.