Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dmen73  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 5:22:37 AM(UTC)
dmen73

Groups: Registered

This dishwasher is right at 7 years old, and I have followed instructions I found on this forum and have checked the following items and the dishwasher will still not drain:

- the impeller moves freely and is free of debris and cracks

- the air check valve is free of debris

- all hoses are clear and they connect to the air check valve directly to the drain and not the garbage disposal

- I have completely disassembled the pump assembly and the ball valve is all in great shape

After reassembly the dishwasher will push water down the drain during the wash cycle, but will not drain after the cycle is complete. I can hear the timer mechanism running,but the draining is not triggered. I have read on other forums no this site that this particular model has a selinoid that makes the motor move in the opposite direction in order to turn the impeller to expell the water. I am in the process of borrowing an ohm meter to check the selinoid. My question is, is this the next step to check or am I off track with a solution?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.