Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
acritter11  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 9:19:42 PM(UTC)
acritter11

Groups: Registered

Hello,

My dishwasher is 3 years old and last week it was making very loud noises and now today it isn't working.

The green light blinks clean. When I push start it blinks 3x and does nothing. When I push cancel it says 2 minutes for the time remaining and makes noise for 2 minutes and shuts off.

If I push normal wash and push start it blinks 3x and shuts off. Or if I push any button to wash and push start it blinks 3x and does nothing.

Is this something I can fix myself?

Dawn
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Bonac  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2008 6:59:00 AM(UTC)
Bonac

Maybe, sounds like its locked. Push and hold for about 5 seconds to unlock it on my whilpool its the air dry button but consult your owners manual or get it on this website maybe. The 2 min thing is normal for canceling though. Good luck, I'm waiting for parts for mine. Bonac
rwroosa  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 4:09:06 PM(UTC)
rwroosa

I have a Whirlpool Silent Partner III model number GU1200XTLQ3. The other day I discovered the lights on the control panel were blinking on and off continuously. I attempted to push the cancel button, holding it for about 3 or 4 seconds, but nothing happened. I then tried the other buttons and nothing. I went out to the breaker box and cut the power. I waited for about 5 minutes and then reset the circuit breaker. The machine attempted to restart, but stopped suddenly and the lights began flashing on the control panel again. I cut the power once again and began searching the internet for clues. I finally stumbled across this forum where I read a post about resting the dishwasher by pressing and holding a button for approximately 4 seconds. By this time it had been about 24 hours since my dishwasher had power. I went out and turned the circuit breaker back on. My machine began it's wash cycle and I waited with cross fingers. I press the cancel button and the machine stopped. I loaded some dishes and pressed a wash option. The machine started again and seems to be operating properly again. I guess I unknowingly reset the machine by leaving the power off for awhile. I don't know if this information will help anyone, but I posted my experience in hopes that it will save someone some money.
okolehau  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:07:58 PM(UTC)
okolehau

Hi There,
I just read a post else-where that suggested the following to reset the dishwasher push the sani
rinse button-dry button-sani-rinse button-dry button in that order When I did this I got some spurious readings on the panel. But these disappeared when I pushed the cancel button.
I was then able to start a normal dishwasher cycle. Good Luck!
tecktate  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2010 3:48:36 PM(UTC)
tecktate

Good day,

My cleaning light was blinking as well and all I did was push the sanirinse button, dry button, sanirinse button, dry button in this order and the dishwashers buttons all flashed; ran through some type of cycle and stopped. It now runs fine! Thanks for the quick fix and for the extra bills in my pocket.

Tecktate
ajpichard  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 1:38:02 PM(UTC)
ajpichard

hello, thanks for that comment it work for me, I recommend it for the next viewer
alwoodall42  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 6, 2010 3:23:48 PM(UTC)
alwoodall42

Originally Posted by: rwroosa Go to Quoted Post
I have a Whirlpool Silent Partner III model number GU1200XTLQ3. The other day I discovered the lights on the control panel were blinking on and off continuously. I attempted to push the cancel button, holding it for about 3 or 4 seconds, but nothing happened. I then tried the other buttons and nothing. I went out to the breaker box and cut the power. I waited for about 5 minutes and then reset the circuit breaker. The machine attempted to restart, but stopped suddenly and the lights began flashing on the control panel again. I cut the power once again and began searching the internet for clues. I finally stumbled across this forum where I read a post about resting the dishwasher by pressing and holding a button for approximately 4 seconds. By this time it had been about 24 hours since my dishwasher had power. I went out and turned the circuit breaker back on. My machine began it's wash cycle and I waited with cross fingers. I press the cancel button and the machine stopped. I loaded some dishes and pressed a wash option. The machine started again and seems to be operating properly again. I guess I unknowingly reset the machine by leaving the power off for awhile. I don't know if this information will help anyone, but I posted my experience in hopes that it will save someone some money.

Shutting the breaker off for 2 hours worked.
April24  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 6:44:38 AM(UTC)
April24

Whirlpool Gold QP111 - tried pushing normal, light, pots and pans - nothing lit up. The only button I could use was the "cancel" - that would run but nothing else. Tried the suggestion on this forum - turned off at the breaker for about 15 mins then hit sani rinse/dry/sanirinse/dry. The machine cycled through a diagnostic and when it stopped I was able to start the cycle - have not had a problem since!
brannan8067  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:13:46 PM(UTC)
brannan8067

Hello!!

I have the same model dishwasher and was just going to pay $365.00 for a repairman to fix a problem that I just researched and fixed myself!! No tools needed!! Try this-

push normal wash, heat dry, normal wash, heat dry, normal wash, heat dry and repeat this until all the lights of the panel are on, make sure the dishwasher is closed then hit start! Like magic my washer just started working a few minutes ago after doing this! Hope this helps you!
BKRMBen  
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:25:45 PM(UTC)
BKRMBen

Originally Posted by: okolehau Go to Quoted Post
Hi There,
I just read a post else-where that suggested the following to reset the dishwasher push the sanirinse button-dry button-sani-rinse button-dry button in that order When I did this I got some spurious readings on the panel. But these disappeared when I pushed the cancel button.
I was then able to start a normal dishwasher cycle. Good Luck!

I SIGNED UP SO I CAN THANK THIS GUY (OKOLEHAU) BECAUSE IT FIXED MY DISHWASHER...
T H A N K Y O U
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply