Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
howalker  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:05:24 PM(UTC)
howalker

Groups: Registered

My Kitchen Aid dishwasher is making a horrible noise. Can someone help? It started to not clean as well about three weeks ago. It was leaving glasses hazy where it didn't used to do that. I removed the spraying arm on the lower level thinking maybe something was clogged. I didn't see any problems. It looked nice and clean. Then I decided to look through the grate in the bottom of the tub to see if something down there was clogged. I saw one metal twist-tie like you get on a loaf of bread, and two wooden toothpicks. They were sticking out of one of the very small inlet holes that I think go to the chopper. I removed them with needle nose pliers. They were easy to get out. I saw nothing else. Then the next time I ran the dishwasher it began making a LOUD and HORRIBLE noise. I can now hear the dishwasher upstairs in my bedroom, and I have to shut the door at night when I run it so I can sleep. I've never had to do that. Any ideas? The noise only started after I removed the twist-tie and toothpicks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

USNavyChiefRet  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 12:45:57 PM(UTC)
USNavyChiefRet

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: howalker Go to Quoted Post
My Kitchen Aid dishwasher is making a horrible noise. Can someone help? It started to not clean as well about three weeks ago. It was leaving glasses hazy where it didn't used to do that. I removed the spraying arm on the lower level thinking maybe something was clogged. I didn't see any problems. It looked nice and clean. Then I decided to look through the grate in the bottom of the tub to see if something down there was clogged. I saw one metal twist-tie like you get on a loaf of bread, and two wooden toothpicks. They were sticking out of one of the very small inlet holes that I think go to the chopper. I removed them with needle nose pliers. They were easy to get out. I saw nothing else. Then the next time I ran the dishwasher it began making a LOUD and HORRIBLE noise. I can now hear the dishwasher upstairs in my bedroom, and I have to shut the door at night when I run it so I can sleep. I've never had to do that. Any ideas? The noise only started after I removed the twist-tie and toothpicks.

Most dishwashers have a "chopper". On the kitchenaid I have it is located below the lower spray arm (which has to come off). Then there is an accumulator plate held on with some screws. Mine has 5 screws that I remove and this plate w/screens comes off. Below that, on the left is a rounded looking cover that houses the "chopper". If you found toothpicks and other debris it's likely some have gotten down in the chopper. I would check the "chopper" and see if it's damaged. I know my dishwasher makes a loud noise when running with the "chopper" damaged. Check that. It most likely needs to be replaced. Beyond that I can't help. Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply