Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Castrok  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 1:49:33 PM(UTC)
Castrok

Groups: Registered

I inherited a dishwasher with a house just bought. I tried to check out the dishwasher, but not working. I pulled it out of the cabinet. The motor is working but just won't fill up with water. I see a inlet valve underneath. Don't know how to check to see if it is indeed working. I have no manuals. Is there a float switch that may tie into it?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Brevard Appliance Repair  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 5:40:10 PM(UTC)
Brevard Appliance Repair

Groups: Expert

When you turn the dishwasher on the water valve should at least hum if you have it in the fill position. If you can't hear it try holding it to see if you can feel it humming. Have you double checked the water valve under the sink to see if the water line to the dishwasher is on....good luck
Castrok  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 5:59:51 AM(UTC)
Castrok

I actually pulled it out completely(disconnected and in garage). I have water running to it and power. I can hear the motor/pump running but no water going into it. Do you know where a float switch may be? Looking at a couple of other threads, there seems to be one, but can't locate.
Brevard Appliance Repair  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 12:09:58 PM(UTC)
Brevard Appliance Repair

Groups: Expert

The float is the round plastic thing inside the bottom of the dishwasher they can usually move freely up and down towards the front. You say you can hear the motor but can you hear the water valve when it ask for water??
Castrok  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:47:16 PM(UTC)
Castrok

I found the float. I ohm'd it out and works fine. I hooked up water and power again. I turned it to the normal wash. The motor kicked on, then after a few seconds(more than 20) the water valve opened and water started entering the dishwasher, but was coming out of the drain line. ODD. I barely got any water into the unit then the motor came on again. No water spraying inside. I got the water hose and filled it up to the float. Closed door and it started the wash cycle. There was constant water (slow flow) coming out of the hose. I held the hose up and it stopped. When it drained, it didn't fill up again. The valve opened again for maybe a minute, then stopped. I opened the door and barely any water. Everthing seemed to work.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply