Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jerrydro  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 4, 2008 4:29:43 PM(UTC)
jerrydro

Groups: Registered

My dishwashwer is white and I am trying to change it to stainless steel. I bought the stainless steel fascia and outer door for a SHU5305UC/12 which appeared to be the stainless steel version of my dischwasher. The part numbers are AP2804359 (355173) Fascia, ss, and AP3783543 (473797) Door-outer. I found instructions on this site for removing the fascia and outer door and they worked fine. I got the new fascia installed without a problem. But I can't get the outer door to install. I can't get it high enough into the fascia so I can line up the screw holes on the side. I tried many different approaches besides doing the opposite of what I did to take it off. Nothing worked. It's very difficult to get it anywhere near where it needs to be to line up the holes. Is there a special trick to installing the outer door? It appears the top flange of the new door is slightly wider than the top flange of the old door and perhaps this is a problem. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Jerry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2008 12:24:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Did you place the door guards in the right position? Try to loose the screws securing the fascia panel.

Size and configuration of the outer door panels should be same.

Gene.
jerrydro  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2008 8:14:30 AM(UTC)
jerrydro

Thanks for responding. I believe I have placed the guards in the right position. They sit snuggly in the notch on the side. I can also install the door without the fascia panel installed, but found no way to install the fascia panel after installing the door. I also tried loosening the screws on the fascia panel but it didn't help.

Jerry
greene26  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2009 2:55:21 PM(UTC)
greene26

We just replace the dispenser assembly on our Bosch SHU5305UC dishwasher, but we cannot get the outer door back on. We cannot determine how to get the notches at the top to line up properly. Any suggestions??:confused:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply