Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jgiza25  
#11 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2008 2:51:51 PM(UTC)
jgiza25

Groups: Registered

Gene,

Thanks for the help. Yes my symptoms were the same as Richards, but when I went through the tech sheet procedure, the control did not respond by turning on the drain motor. According to the tech sheet, the problem is in the control, not the console. The control is located on a different break down diagram. The console contains the keypad. For my sake I hope this is correct as the difference in parts is around 300 bucks.

Thanks again.

Jeff
Gene  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:38:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Jeff,

I never seen such instructions. I have looked through the whole two pages of the tech sheets , and the only I found is the "Error messages, stuck key" note in the bottom right corner. If you have a different tech sheets, I would like to see these instructions - if you can post it.

Gene.
jgiza25  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:57:49 PM(UTC)
jgiza25

Gene,

I was using the tech sheet from your link above to Richard under "Checking Keypad Operation". That procedure has you disconnect the keypad pin connection from the control as I mentioned, then look for drain motor startup for 2 minutes after closing the door. Unless I misread, it points to the control, not the console (keypad).

I appreciate your help.

Jeff
Gene  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:04:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Jeff,

All models are different and you can not use the tech sheets for one model to diagnose a problem with another.

In most cases the key pad (which is a part of the console) replacement solves this problem.

Gene.
jgiza25  
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 4:59:12 AM(UTC)
jgiza25

Go figure, unhooked all the leads to the control board (including the door latch switch) and put it all back together. Now working fine (for now). We'll see. This will keep me from buying the 300 console for now. Thanks for your help.
kitchenaidsucks  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:23:39 PM(UTC)
kitchenaidsucks

The EXACT same thing has happened to me 4 times. If you open the dishwasher door during a cycle, and forget to close the door, your normal, light china and cancel buttons will start blinking in a few hours and your dishwasher will become inoperable. I found this out the hard way, each time I had to call a service repairman and pay over $300 to get a new control panel installed. I asked Kitchenaid each time what was causing the problem, every time they said they had no idea. Well finally the last time, I realized it must be opening the door mid-cycle that's causing the issue. Sure enough, I've stopped doing that and I haven't had any problems since. The bottom line is that Kitchenaid sucks. First of all, a dishwasher shouldn't break just because you open the door mid-cycle. Second of all, if that does cause the dishwasher to break, Kitchenaid should tell its customers NOT to open the door mid-cycle. Instead Kitchenaid is covering up its flaw, and is more than happy because it's getting money from the servicing companies each time you pay for them to fix your dishwasher. Bottom line is that KitchenAid SUCKS, and you're much better off going with an honest, reputable company like GE.
kitchenaidsucks  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:25:19 AM(UTC)
kitchenaidsucks

The EXACT same thing has happened to me 4 times. If you open the dishwasher door during a cycle, and forget to close the door, your normal, light china and cancel buttons will start blinking in a few hours and your dishwasher will become inoperable. I found this out the hard way, each time I had to call a service repairman and pay over $300 to get a new control panel installed. I asked Kitchenaid each time what was causing the problem, every time they said they had no idea. Well finally the last time, I realized it must be opening the door mid-cycle that's causing the issue. Sure enough, I've stopped doing that and I haven't had any problems since. The bottom line is that Kitchenaid sucks. First of all, a dishwasher shouldn't break just because you open the door mid-cycle. Second of all, if that does cause the dishwasher to break, Kitchenaid should tell its customers NOT to open the door mid-cycle. Instead Kitchenaid is covering up its flaw, and is more than happy because it's getting money from the servicing companies each time you pay for them to fix your dishwasher. Bottom line is that KitchenAid SUCKS, and you're much better off going with an honest, reputable company like GE.
MikeBY  
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:21:31 PM(UTC)
MikeBY

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Jeff,

I never seen such instructions. I have looked through the whole two pages of the tech sheets , and the only I found is the "Error messages, stuck key" note in the bottom right corner. If you have a different tech sheets, I would like to see these instructions - if you can post it.

Gene.

Hi Gene, I know this is a very old thread, but the link to the tech sheets no longer works. Do you have another link to the tech sheets.

My kitchenaid KUDC25CHSS1 (same model) has the Delay 2 hr and Child lock lights on and I can't clear them. Tried the 'Energy Save/Air Dry' button for 5 secs, no good. Trying to avoid $275 for the console if there is a way to reset the system.
Don't think it's a button stuck.

Thanks in advance,

Michael
Gene  
#19 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2012 5:16:25 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Michael,

There are no any resets in such situation. If these lights are flashing then the new console most likely is the only solution. Try to follow the instructions posted by jgiza25 on 8/17/2008.

Gene.
vamarianne  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:41:52 PM(UTC)
vamarianne

Hi,
I have the same issue, multiple lights blinking quickly and CANCEL does not have any effect, nor pushing any of the buttons. :(

I could not locate the Tech Sheet for KUDP02FRSS0, could you share please?

Could you advise me how to determine which part I need to order? I also have not had success trying to reset or put into diagnostic mode. Could you tell me the right sequence and confirm these are down with door open, then when the lights start flashing you close the door.

Very much appreciate any help you can provide..:) - Marianne
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply