Discuss

How to replace coupling on KitchenAid blender

in

Blender Repair

. "

Making my smoothie tonight the rubber coupler melted. Following the directions here, I had the piece removed in less than

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Blender Repair » How to replace coupling on KitchenAid blender

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 07:45 PM

dbgarlikov is on a distinguished road
Smile The Coupler Melted

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Making my smoothie tonight the rubber coupler melted. Following the directions here, I had the piece removed in less than two minutes. Now, I'm ordering a new coupler and looking forward to getting back to my smoothies. Thanks!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 02-06-2010, 08:37 AM

barben0208 is on a distinguished road

I almost quit the repair thinking that I needed thin wrench to hold the shaft. It took about 12 bites with the screwdriver to pry the old coupler off, leaving the soft metal threads in the hard metal threads of the shaft. The screwdriver fulcrum is on the hard metal of the motor so the plastic of the case isn't damaged. Weird way to start a repair, but it works.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:39 AM

PSDerick is on a distinguished road

It took more struggling than the initial directions implied, but it did eventually work, so stick with it! For me, just the screwdriver wasn't enough, I needed to hold the shaft with needle nose pliers and used vice grips on the coupler. The coupler was pretty mangled by the end, but the shaft was fine.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:02 AM

Stepup is on a distinguished road
Default KSB%WW3 coupler

I have the KSB5WW3 model and parts suppliers are posting parts availability for the KSB5WW4 are they interchangable?

Thanks!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Administrator
APP Team

Adam / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepup View Post
I have the KSB5WW3 model and parts suppliers are posting parts availability for the KSB5WW4 are they interchangable?

Thanks!!!

Stepup,

Some of the parts are the same. I will help you out in getting the correct part. What part are you looking for?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:10 PM

tjndesigns is on a distinguished road
Default Holding shaft for AP2930430 replacement

I wasn't able to remove it using the instructions posted (i.e. prying up the adapter with the screwdriver while turning). Maybe I just don't have the finese. There are flats on the shaft under the nut that you can hold on to. I cut a 7mm slot in a thin piece of metal and and held it from turning with that. Could also be done by sacrificing a 7mm open-end wrench and grinding it down if necessary.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:15 PM

RockyLaddo is on a distinguished road

I tried to unscrew the coupler and had difficulty. I followed the approach of destroying the soft metal piece and it took a few minutes.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:45 PM

janetb is on a distinguished road
Default Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by btmathe View Post
Thanks for all the info. I just changed mine. In addition to the screwdriver to lift up on the old coupler, I used a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the shaft while turning it clockwise.
Trying to remove this coupler now, but need to use it a few days while the part comes in. Is this part simply a rubber cover for the flat spinner device, or does the whole spinner (rubber plus metal) detach?

Thanks.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Administrator
APP Team

Admin / APP Team has disabled reputation

See this pic
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:22 AM

Rick Smith is on a distinguished road
Default kitchenaid model#ksb560 coupling replacement

It seems easy enough to replace the coupling on the other blenders. How do you replace the coupling on this model???
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.