View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2009, 09:37 PM
D & R D & R is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4
D & R is on a distinguished road

At each faucet or outlet (hot & cold), a vertical, deadheaded tube (so it will only hold air, not water) needs to be installed to allow for an air cushion to absorb the shock of rapid water flow changes when the faucet is opened or closed. Hope you can understand what I'm suggesting. If not, check out some basic plumbing sites on line. A "Google" search found this site which may help you. See: The Natural Handyman's Water Hammer Page or other similar sites. Good Luck.
Reply With Quote

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17