Very likely the problem is with the ribbon cable which is a part of the control panel.
Let's try to save some money.
Open the control panel. Remove the control panel ribbon cable from the control board.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks using a magnifying glass.
Clean the ribbon cable edge connector. If it looks like just the insulation has been removed then it can be cleaned using a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Let the solvents evaporate. Reconnect everything and give it a try.
If it would not fix it, replace the control panel.
The control panel (console) Part number: AP6008256