View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 05:18 PM

Mike6158 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbury Appliance Pro View Post
You sure sound like you know what you're doing, great work! Did you buy the thermal fuses new or used?
Let's just call me a work in progress. But add moisture sensor to the replaced parts because I accidentally ordered it. Not sure how.

I've had more practice than I would have liked lol I work on my older cars, like my 2000 Landcruiser. Program PLC's for a living. And besides that, you can learn to operate the Large Hadron Collider if you just watch YouTube I've got a Yaesu FTDX-560 (Ham radio) on my bench right now. Someone really made a mess of the power supply section. So electronics don't bother me much, even if it has tubes in it.

I bought new fuses every time. Ohm'd them out prior to replacing them. I checked the other components too, and they checked good. I replaced them and the element out of desperation last week. Went on a road trip for work, washed a load, stuck them in the dryer, and checked the temp when it stopped. I knew it was broken when I saw 200F. The dryer wouldn't start after that. So I ordered another fuse and read the tech sheet.

So, I finally read the tech sheet. After all this time... I finally read thru it and entered diagnostic mode on the dryer about 20m ago. Code 70, 30, and 1 (I think it was 1) Checked the control box and at some time I managed to unplug P8. I think it was unplugged from the very first time I tried to repair the dryer.

I'm hopeful that plugging it in and replacing the thermal fuse will finally fix the dryer. But I'm skeptical.

Based on what I see on the schematic P8 connects:
  1. Drum Lamp
  2. GND
  3. Neutral
  4. Door Switch
  5. Motor CS (whatever that is)

Surely none of that would have caused a Code 70, which, by the way, is No communication between electronic assemblies?

30 is low dryer air flow, but that could've happened when the fuse blew

1 is Primary control failure but that's probably been the case for a while if P8 could cause it.

Last edited by Mike6158 : 06-24-2016 at 05:20 PM.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17