View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2013, 03:12 PM
bluex bluex is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2
bluex is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by denman View Post
When measuring the voltage across the motor, where is the reference lead of the meter?
If it is on the white wire at the motor connector then I would say that the motor is toast.
That was my error, I was measuring voltage to ground not neutral.

I removed the thermal fuse and checked it again and it was bad. I guess trying to get my hands and the meter leads down in there it was touching them together. I just finished putting a new thermal fuse, thermostat and heater assembly in and it works great now. I also cleaned the lint out of the dryer and all my piping to the outside of the house. I was actually shocked by how much was clogged up in there. No doubt that was what caused it to overheat.

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17