View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whead View Post
I have checked continuity on the element and both of the switches or thermostats in the heater box and they check to be good. I also checked the two switches, i think one is a thermosister in the blower chamber and they check to be good. I also checked the voltage going to the element with the dryer running and got 240 volts across the two leads that attach to the element. Can you point me in the right direction on what to look at next?
Whead, We're having difficulty finding a wiring or parts diagrams using the model number you supplied.

However, if you have 240 VAC across the wires to the heater element, the heater circuit is in tact and operating properly.

You'll need to visually re check the heater element for possible cracks or breaks in the element.

You'll also need to check the thermistor resistance, you should have approximately 10 K ohms resistance across the terminals at room temperature, not an "open" or "closed" circuit.

If you continue to have an issue, please re post with a proper complete model number, so we can better assist you. Thanks

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17