View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 05:46 AM

OlaS is on a distinguished road

Dear Richappy,

Thank you for your reply. all other causes were tested already, but thank you for listing them, that gives me confidence that we actually did the proper testing to identify the problem.

Here is what really happen - the compressor would not start after a power surge or my kid left the freezer door open, or both. The repairman came and replaced the relay with 3 in 1 HS810 relay. Since then the compressor behaves like I described. The technician said that it might be a faulty thermostat and suggested to order a new one. I started to have second thoughts about validity of the whole story and decided to educate myself.

What I have found is that the HS810 not only should not be used in my fridge but more importantly only can be used up to 1/5 HP. My compressor is at least 1/3 HP if not more - I have 30 QF big mama refrigerator.

Thinking that this relay and the built in run capacitor simply have not enough juice to power on the compressor for extended period of time to get it the freezer to freeze.

this is why the first thing I did is to order genuine parts for the refrigerator relay and overload + run capacitor (just in case, even though I think it is fine) and replace the 3 in 1 with the proper relay. If that does not work then we probably have the control board issue.

Thoughts?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17