View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 02:25 PM

Vinnyboy6527 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon / APP Team View Post
Hi.

The model number you provided is not coming up. Please check and re post.
The 30 min for preheat sounds a bit extreme.Locate the orifice at the top of the gas valve and turn it CCW 1/2 turn.
Also, is the top burners are OK? If not - you may have a bad pressure regulator.

Simon.
I tried turning the orifice as you had suggested, but I didn't see any change. But when you mentioned "orifice" my first thought was the orifice was clogged. I disconnected the valve from the burner and gas inlet and electrical connections. I unscrewed the gas orifice, which is basically a bullet shaped shell with a small hole at the tip. There was a nozzle underneath this brass shell. Everything looked clean.

I blew canned air into the nozzle and I put everything back together, but when I turned on the oven, gas did come out but it did not light. I thought that perhaps I had tightened the orifice too much. I loosened the orifice about a turn, and the gas ignited, but it looked weak, the same as before. I unscrewed the orifice about a half a turn, and the flame seemed a little bigger. I unscrewed it about 1 and a half more turns, and the flame was definitely stronger, but it didn't really spread out the way I've seen in other ovens.

I didn't want to unscrew it anymore, so I put it all back together, and it reached 425 degrees in less than ten minutes. I see this as a fix.

But what did I do? It seems that increasing the distance between the orifice and the internal nozzle helped, and that this distance is critical. Can it really be that a ~1/16" adjustment makes the difference between a well functioning oven and a poorly functioning oven?

But anyway thanks for the help.

Last edited by Vinnyboy6527 : 12-22-2012 at 02:28 PM.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17