No power to microwave
My GE microwave stopped working a few days ago and has absolutely no power entering the unit. I have checked the outlet and the circuit breaker....both are working properly. I looked at the schematic that was provided with the unit and my first step was to check the continuity of the main fuse. It checked out fine. My next step was to check the flame sensor on top of the unit and the heat sensor on the magnetron. To check this I plugged in the microwave and checked the voltage while grounding to the chassis on both sides. The sensor on the magnetron showed 120V on each side and the flame sensor on top of the unit only registered 120V on one side. Am I correct in identifying this as the source of the no power problem?? Am I checking the sensor correctly?? Can the sensor be reset or does it need to be replaced??
Ads By Google