View Single Post
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Gene's Avatar
Gene Gene is offline
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 27,171
Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBY View Post
Hi Gene,
Well, the lights were not flashing. They were on solid (2 hr delay light - then on keypress, the child-lock light solid).
I took the console off, and tested with an ohmmeter. As you say, tech sheets from one model can't always be used by another. Unfortunatly, the tech sheets for my model don't have a full test procedures for the console/keypad. I was able to map out most everything, but there are some things about this console that are strange, because there are more lamps and switches than can be addressed by the interface lines.

After all the tests, I ended up connecting the panel back, and initially it looked like the same problem. It sat for a few days, then I came back to look at it some more, hit the 'anti-bacterial wash' button, and the unit cycled like it was in diagnostic mode. I cycled through all the steps, and after that the dishwasher was working normally!

After a few more weeks of normal operation, it locked up again. I suspect it's because I use the 'energy saver' settings, and had someone open the washer before the cycle finished when it was still in the air dry mode.

I'm suspicious that the real issue is not a hard failure in the panel, but some combination of panel and control that puts the machine in some strange state when interrupted.

Have pulled the console again. And am letting things 'sit' again.
Any ideas?
Hi Michael,

This situation does not look like a regular because the lights are steady instead of blinking.

I understand that you don't like to invest such money in this machine (who would?) and are trying to find a least expensive solution. In my opinion there are: 85% chance for the control panel, 14% chance for the control board and 1% chance for both of them to be bad.

Keeping in mind that you can return any part ordered from APP within 365 days, you may want to order these parts and give then a try (console first).

- The console Part number: 9744120

Part number: 9744120



- The control board Part number: 8530929

Part number: 8530929

Gene.
__________________
Appliance Repair Expert in Orange County, California.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Reply With Quote
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17