View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:39 AM

Roadrider18 is on a distinguished road

Sid...

You are spot on with the difficulty analyzing issues form far away. And, perhaps even 3 feet away!

I was certain my work had created another problem. Or, I had failed to correctly reassembled the unit.

Well, I pulled the unit out and set it on an old carpet remnant. I removed the front panel to re-inspect my work. I couldn't find a any issues. I plugged the unit it and put in spin mode. No loud noises or thumping.

I started looking elsewhere.

I looked at the bottom of the machine and noticed the 2 rubber pads on the front feet had worn completely through. 20+ years ago, I welded up a stainless steel drip pan for the washer to sit in. So, a very small vibration during spin was creating a clash of steel against steel that sounded like orchestra symbols.

I cut 4 2" squares from marine seaboard and drilled recessed holes for the unit's steel fit to sit in. I reinstalled the unit positioning the seaboard under the feet.

The unit is now extremely quiet with no issues. The issue was merely isolating the steel components from one another with an insulating material.

Thanks again for the help!

This site has saved me a lot of cash and time with insight, tips and techniques on the repair of my dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17