Thread: Broke the Glass
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 11:05 AM

Chili Pepper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarry View Post
I have a Litton stove that I broke the glass on one of my burners. I think the appliance is from the 1960 to 1970 date range but I did not even know if anyone sells replacement glass for stove tops. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

In the dog house

thanks
60s and 70s era??!! Gads! I'm not a repair pro but I am a woman. If you're in the doghouse I assume you're a man...lol. Go buy your woman a new one. You can get some nice ones fairly cheap in the scratch-and-dent rooms. Most of the defects are barely noticeable. They're electrically safer and more efficient and will save you money in the long run plus they're less likely to burn your house down (the rationale, just in case you're a woman..heheh). I would be really surprised if you could get a replacement for such an old unit but if you're determined to try, go down to the local appliance store and ask, just in case. If they say you can then get the part number (If you still have the manual it might be in there) and search on line for the best price.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17