View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 03:59 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a glorious beacon of light

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for MSD2756AE models | AppliancePartsPros.com

Do I have a drain as I read in other posts?
If so, where would all of that water go?

Yes you do.
If you look at the housing (Item 14 in Section 4) which is under/behind the evaporator coils you will see it has a hole (center/bottom). The drain hose (Items 25 and 23 in Section 1) connect to it. It then drains the water from your auto defrost into the pan (Item 16 in Section 1)which is under the unit.

I know I sound incredibly stupid, but believe it or not-I'm the fix-it person in our household!!!
Does not sound stupid to me none of us knew bout the drain till someone else told us.

Sounds like drain tube is plugged so that the water from the defrost cycle cannot drain into the drain pan.

I would check that it is clear.
If plugged a turkey baster with warm water, an air compressor with low pressure or a wire can often be used to clear it.

Also check that it is not plugged with dust etc. at the drain pan end.
You might as well clean the condenser/compressor fan and the condenser coils and the vents in the kick plate and rear cover while you are down there.

If it looks like stuff is growing in the tube I would flush it with a 10% bleach solution. This should kill the stuff and let you flush it out. You may have to do this several times, let it sit for 15 minutes or so between flushes.

Be careful that the drip tray does not overflow and empty the drip tray after you are done. If the drip tray comes out easily, some of them do not.

Be sure to unplug the unit while doing this.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17