View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Expert

Ted/APP Team is on a distinguished road

Hi. The reason for the tie wrap is so in the future if the spring breaks it will not shatter the front glass. And yes, I did see your good pictures and the supplied video. I too agree that the rt. side hinge/springs should exactly mimic the lt. side hinge as you show in the piuctures. In a new model service manual, it shows a side view of a spring coming over to the top of the front hinge and then the end hook is placed in the middle hole above the hinge pivot poinrt. Now take in mind that the service manual is not from your model. It is extremely rare that a service manual discusses microwave door issues. No- you should not use a mallot to hammer these torsion springs in. WPL has a video that is currently misplaced since they updated a service matters area where information is stored. They are working on this issue to find it. Did you read all the pages of this issue on this site? See page 1 and 2 to read sucessful steps of replacement on theses springs. Wpl. Tech line verified you are getting the correct parts. They also said that you use correct parts listed on the correct outer door panel type. So the myth of the stainless panel torsion springs for all types are incorrect. We have given you all the current information we can get. Best wishes. If you can supply me a email address I will send the similar manual I previously talked about. Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywalker1981 View Post
Hi Ted,

Unfortunately I have tried these steps before and used a plastic tie in the middle where they cross but that did not make a difference.

I appreciate your taking the time to respond. I am not sure if you saw my part about the right side of the right spring not aligning correctly and overlapping with the hinge by about half an inch.

I have to use pliers and a mallet to get the right spring in place. I doubt that is how the manufacturer has designed it to be inserted. That tells me that this batch of right side springs have a problem in them(the left side goes in without a hitch).

Is the right side spring not meant to align correctly with the hole(on the left) and the hook on the right resting on the hinge? Am I supposed to use a plier and a mallet to hammer it in? Also can you look at the images that I have in my previous email and comment on how the right hand spring is resting on the hinge(is that how it should be) when the left side is aligned with the hole?
I don't think I have missed any step(really there is no step that you can miss ) Otherwise you would be way off. However I think you will be able to tell by looking at the photos(videos that I have posted before) if there is anything wrong with how I have the spring insert.
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17