View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 04:48 AM

WCD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdP View Post
The Overload/Relay Switch attached to the compressor will click, the compressor tries to start for 7 seconds (humming noise from the compresor), another click from the (Overload/Relay Switch), compressor stops humming. This process cycles about every minute 35 seconds. Question: will replacing the Overload/Relay Switch fix my problem? The Overload/Relay Switch has three female that plugs into the three male compressor attached pins.
I have the exact same problem with a Frigidaire Side by side. I ordered and replaced the Starter based on this discussion. The unit worked all evening, but this morning the click and buzz is back. Obviously not the Start/Overload switch on the compressor.

Compressor output temp is hot but not extreme, and the fridge and freezer sections maintain good temperatures. Plenty of voltage going to the refrigerator (124 Volts).

Would changing the CAPACITOR help the compressor to start (and stop the Start/Overload from buzzing), or does this sound like a Compressor problem?

Thanks in advance!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17