View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acooney View Post
Thanks, Joe. We tried to recalibrate the control panel but that did not work and the oven has now stopped heating up at all. So, with the stove top burners and broiler still working I purchased a new ignitor and installed it.

When I turned the oven on nothing happened, so I turned on the broiler, which caused the new ignitor to begin to heat up, which confirms that it has power but before it would could ignite the broiler I heard gas entering the oven and I could smell it. This made me a little nervous so I hit cancel to stp the gas and now I don't know what to try next. Any suggestions?

Thanks, ac
AC,

You're getting a delayed ignition or the new igniter was not installed properly. Once you program a cycle,and temperature, the control supplies 120 VAC to the igniter, It starts to glow, when the igniter glows"white hot" it produces a 3.2 to 3.6 amp draw or 3.2 to 3.6 VAC to the terminals on the safety valve. When the proper electrical requirements are met, the bi metal switch in the safety valve opens and releases the gas for ignition and burn. Check and make sure there are no loose wiring connections, the openings on the burner(s) are clean and the igniter and mount are not bent or deformed, if both igniters are glowing "white hot".

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17