View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 07:01 PM

dvjorge is on a distinguished road
Default Frigidaire not cooling well
Brand: Frigidaire   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi guys,
I really appreciate your help. My Frigidaire refrigerator isn't cooling well. It is a 1999 model with a top freezer . I don't know if this problem is caused by the compressor age or another reason. I have it setup to the coolest temperature in the temperature control and I cleaned the back. The fan is also working. In fact it is cooling but weak. For example, it doesn't keep the ice cream and take 1 day and half to make ice. I couldn't find oil anywhere thinking in a gas escape. Please, I would like to get some clue about it . Don't know if the temperature control is bad, thermostat or if it is time to replace the refrigerator. I really want to keep it if it is possible since it is mint cosmetically. The coil isn't cover with ice either because I removed the cover and checked it.

Update : I removed the freezer bag panel where the coil is and found the coil frosted only partially. The complete coil have around 6 pipe sections and only the top pipe had excessive frost, the rest no frost but only wet.

Thanks for any help about it.

George.

Last edited by dvjorge : 08-19-2011 at 07:56 PM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.