View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.w View Post
I also have a Kitchenaid with an ice maker problem, but it's an older model that doesn't have infrared. Mine is model KSRS25CHSS00. Last time it stopped making ice I replaced the entire IM, this time I want to see if I can just replace a part or two. Symptom - not making ice. If I jumper T - H for the harvest cycle, nothing appears to happen. Jumpering L - V causes water to come in, jumpering M - N will activate the motor, and it does turn and will go all the way around as long as itís jumpered. When I jumper H - N and feel the heater coil, it does feel warm. But no ice is being made. What does that leave?
Steve,

Sounds like the problem is some where in the ice maker control module. You can try to replace it but I would suggest to replace the whole ice maker. The difference in price is just about $10, but the rate of success on ice makers repairs is very low. So, the whole new ice maker will make the repair much more reliable.

- The ice maker Part number: AP4360346

Part number: AP4360346

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KSRS25CHSS00 SIDE-BY-SIDE REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17