Originally Posted by brgreen
My Amana refrig is warm, freezer is fine. Model ARB9059CS. Manufacturer #PARB9059CSO. The coil was completely iced over.
Checked the defrost timer per instructions in original post. Didn't hear the sizzling sound.
Can you please:
1. Let me know if I should be replacing anything besides the defrost heater and defrost thermostat (I'm not really clear on how to check continuity and would rather just replace the proper parts). I'd rather replace anything recommended as opposed to running into this problem again; and
2. Confirm the proper part numbers for the defrost heater, defrost thermostat, and any other part I need?
If you would like to save some $$$ then it's better to check these parts for continuity. You will need a simple ohmmeter. The following article on our forum will explain in detail how to run a continuity test using either an analog meter or a digital meter - How To Check Continuity With Ohmmeter
Otherwise you have to order all three parts.
- The defrost timer Part number: AP4077325
- The defrost heater Part number: AP4078863
- The defrost thermostat Part number: AP4009073
Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for AMANA ARB9059CS REF - BOTTOM MOUNTS | AppliancePartsPros.com