04-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Originally Posted by dicke
This washer doesn't have a lower front panel. There is a break just below the control panel. Then a one piece front panel, including the door, gasket etc. The lower front panel is fake and part of this door panel.
It's a bit more involved, with a single piece front panel,
Part number: AP4359998
Removing the top panel:
1. Disconnect the washer from the electrical supply.
2. Remove the (2) screws fromthe rear of the top, slide the top back and lift it off.
Releasing the bellows (door boot) from the
The front of the bellows is installed over the lip of the door
opening in the front panel and held in place by a spring
loaded wire loop.
1. Open the loading door.
2. Using needle nose pliers, start where the spring and
wire are connected at the bottom of the bellows and
pull the wire out of the groove of the bellows.
3. Pull the bellows off of the lip of the front panel.
Releasing the console:
1. Disconnect the washer from the electrical supply,
remove the top panel and detergent drawer.
2. Remove the(2)screws,one oneach end,holding the
console to the top of the side panels.
3. Remove the(3) screws behind the detergent drawer panel.
4. Lift the(3) tabs to release the top of console from the mounting plate.
5. Roll the console forward, while lifting up to release the bottom tabs from the front panel.
6. Unplug the wiring harness from the control panel and lift the panel off.
Removing the front panel:
1. Disconnect the washer from the electrical supply
and release the console.
2. Release the bellows from the front panel and remove the (2) screws holding the door safety switch assembly to the front panel.
3. On select models, disconnect the wires from the
4. Raise the front of the washer and remove the (4) screws securing the front panel to the washer base.
5. Remove the(4) screws securing the top of the panel.
6. Lift up and out on the front panel to disengage it from the (4)nylon pins, two in the front of each side panel, and lift the front panel off.
Removing the drain pump assembly:
1. Disconnect the washer from the electrical supply and remove the front panel.
Note: Some water will be left in the hoses and
2. Disconnect the inlet sump from the pump.
3. Disconnect the outlet hose from the pump.
4. Remove the (2) screws, one on each side, holding the pump housing to the washer base.
5. Unplug the wires from the pump motor and lift the pump assembly out.
Thanks for allowing AppliancePartsPros.com to assist you,
Joe M. APP TEAM
Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.