View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombush View Post
Hi Joe and thanks for the reply. What is the correct water level and how do I measure the water level relative to the front of the tub? How do I adjust the water level?...via the float and float switich? Assuming that the bottom of the door baffle seal has nothing to do with this leaking problem, correct? If I hold the spray arm in place as you describe and the dishwasher does not leak and assuming the water level is correct, does this mean the spray arm is bad (no apparent cracks in spray arm)?

Thanks, Tom
Tom, You've got the basic idea, if the spray arm doesn't move and the jets never point towards the door, and it doesn't leak, then the arm is the problem.

As for the proper water level, it should be as high as the tub bottom flange, when you open the door or slightly (1/8 in) higher. The float assembly should move up and down freely on the float guide assembly.

I'm pretty sure you'll find a problem with the spray arm, but let's be sure.

Good Luck,

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17