View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:31 AM

tombush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe / APP Team View Post
Tom a couple of checks to make, you're on the right track at least.

Is the unit level front to back and is there the proper fill/water level, if the water level is too high or the water level is higher in the front than the back, the spray arm can create a "wave" that can blow through the sides of the door bottom.

It's easier and more indicative, if you use a pair of pliers to hold the lower spray arm in position and run the dishwasher.
(set the lower arm in a position so the ends of the arm point towards the side walls, insert the handle end of a pair of pliers through the lower rack and over the spray arm, so the handle holds the arm in that position, start and run the dishwasher for a few minutes(5 to 10).

I'm sure you'll have it figured out from there.

Good Luck,

Hi Joe and thanks for the reply. What is the correct water level and how do I measure the water level relative to the front of the tub? How do I adjust the water level?...via the float and float switich? Assuming that the bottom of the door baffle seal has nothing to do with this leaking problem, correct? If I hold the spray arm in place as you describe and the dishwasher does not leak and assuming the water level is correct, does this mean the spray arm is bad (no apparent cracks in spray arm)?

Thanks, Tom

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17