View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 11:53 AM

dh1200s is on a distinguished road

Hey Brian,
“”Regarding the question on the upper One-Way bearing ring, if this is the yellowish/greenish ring that sits on the top, then yes, my series 16 machine has this ring on top.””

This is real good news, you do not have the redesigned Outer Tub. The Outer Tub rebuild is a bit more straight forward.

""This is where I initially saw the heavy rust that seems to be coming from the tub seal. After soaking with a little WD-40, wiping dry, then soaking in a little PB Blaster, it now seems to rotate fine within the rest of the assembly.””

Make sure the One-Way bearings will allow what I call the Spinner Shaft coupler to rotate freely in one direction and Lock Up Rock Solid in the other. This a very straight forward Clutching assembly but if the One-Way Clutch bearing in the Clutch Pulley hub slips (white bearing plate) you will get agitator shaft rotation as the washer enters a spin cycle followed by the wash load being drug of balance and big time DC/UC unbalance errors.

The spring got stressed I feel by the by the Clutch Pulley mounted One-Way bearing seizing in the wash/agitate direction of Clutch Pulley rotation. I’ll attach a pic of a real bad one that you will see in the FAV6800A/FAV9800A Outer Tub bearing replacement post.

You might get back in service for a while depending how well the One-Way bearings clean up but the real fix is an Outer Tub rebuild and possible a clutch pulley replacement. I recommend Outer Tub bearings and the Spinner Support bearings be replaced with a complete tear down such as this.

“”The metal pin on the end of the spring is broken, thus the need for a replacement. I have all of the pieces noted in your series of pictures.””
Some owners have got back in service by reforming the Stainless Steel spring end. Heat it up and reformed the loop. Never had the issue so no real world experience on that as a possible fix which may be temp.

“”So, if you purchase the 4310552, do you no longer use the upper One-Way bearing ring, or do you simply attach this to the new clutch, so that it fits like the previous one did?””

You will get the Upper Bearing ring as part of the Clutch Pulley Assembly. Bolt it in and you are good to go. Just check the replacement Clutch Pulley assembly by insuring both bearings will Lock up in one direction and rotate freely in the other by rotating the Spinner Shaft Coupler. See my crude pic of the exploded parts labeled.

“”Sorry if this is already obvious but I'm not sure I follow the previous discussions on this. I just want to make sure that I'm not purchasing more than I need to.””

No need to be sorry I’m just an owner like you passing along my hands on experience to extend the service life of a $1K machine……….Dick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1. Fav6800AWW Clutch Parts Label.jpg (27.6 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg Large Wrap Spring.jpg (43.1 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg Large Wrap Spring 2.jpg (45.5 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg Clutch One-Way Bearing pic.jpg (42.6 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg Upper Bearing ring.jpg (79.1 KB, 104 views)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17