View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Joe / APP Team's Avatar
Joe / APP Team Joe / APP Team is offline
Senior Expert
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,999
Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixitgirl18 View Post
I am about to replace the Control Board and maybe the Control Panel in my Maytag dishwasher since it stopped working. I am relatively new to appliance repair and haven't replaced too many parts that connect directly to an electrical source -- I replaced the rotors and belt in my dryer, but that wasn't connected to wires.

I want to make sure I do everything possible to avoid electric shock. I am shutting off the power source and the circuit breaker downstairs in my fuse box. I read someplace that appliances can "store" electricity. How can I make sure I don't get shocked? Should I buy a volt meter or something to absorb the electricity at my local hardware store? Please advise.
Fixit,

If in doubt ask, good Idea,

Once you've shut off the breaker, or unplugged the power cord you'll be safe,

Not all products store electricity, TV's, Microwaves, units with capacitors, Do.

So you'll be safe,with the power off.

If you have a problem or question, drop us a line, we're here to help.

Good Luck,

__________________
Thanks for allowing AppliancePartsPros.com to assist you,

Joe M. APP TEAM



Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Reply With Quote
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17