Avoiding Electric Shock
I am about to replace the Control Board and maybe the Control Panel in my Maytag dishwasher since it stopped working. I am relatively new to appliance repair and haven't replaced too many parts that connect directly to an electrical source -- I replaced the rotors and belt in my dryer, but that wasn't connected to wires.
I want to make sure I do everything possible to avoid electric shock. I am shutting off the power source and the circuit breaker downstairs in my fuse box. I read someplace that appliances can "store" electricity. How can I make sure I don't get shocked? Should I buy a volt meter or something to absorb the electricity at my local hardware store? Please advise.
Ads By Google