View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf009 View Post
Gene, I have the same problem as water comes out water dispenser on door ok but not dispensing water for filling trays on freezer side. I manually closed flapper door on left side and sensor light stops blinking and stays solid red, is this correct ? I have a KitchenAid model KSSC48QMS01
Make sure the temperature in the freezer is bellow 10F and the "on-off" switch on the right side is on.

Pull the ice maker out (the instructions are attached) but do not disconnect the wire harness.

Remove the ice maker head cover and check for 120VAC between "N" & "L" test points. Make sure the test probes are 1/2" in.

If there is 120VAC then using an insulated piece of wire (14 GA), short points "T" & "H" to run the motor. Leave the jumper in for a half of a revolution and remove it. The water valve should be energized in the last half of the revolution.

Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KSSC48QMS01 48`` BUILT IN REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Read more: Water to ice maker quit working
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Attached Files
File Type: doc In-door ice system - Removing the ice maker.doc (627.0 KB, 172 views)

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17