Originally Posted by Bay Area John
Like a firecracker...the red indicator light on our Whirlpool Electric Cooktop (model # rcs3004rs00) just exploded! LITERALLY!
Anyone out there experienced such an issue? Suggestions?
I went ahead & ordered the part, but I'm wondering if maybe I ought to do some troubleshooting prior to installing the new indicator light, so I don't explode it too!
I'm pretty handy with a mulitmeter & Dad's an electrician.
Thanks in-advance for your insight.
-Bay Area John
Did someone have a boil over,spillover, or get the cooktop wet, somehow ?
Based on the wiring diagram, I think that is a 240 VAC indicator light.
(no switch circuitry, in diagram).
Do all the burners work ?
You may want to visually check the burner receptacles for damage and the switches and wiring as well, before you install the new light.