View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjberta001 View Post
Model is the mah4000 and I noticed as I was pulling the machine out that it had a lot of water in it,is this normal or because it is not spinning correctly ? I checked it yesterday with only a few garments in it so balance shouldn't be an issue. Will try and get to it today thanks for the response, Joe
Joe,

This machine, as well as most modern machines, have an electric powerred pump,(independant of motor, belt etc.

In most cases that pump either works or not, if there is something clogging the pump, it usually makes noise.

Since you are going to be behind it, you may want to check for a clog of lint or something similar in the hose or pump entrance.

If you allow that unit to fill and then drain the tub it should be empty in 45 seconds.

Also the tub counter balance, (front of the tub) is a fluid filled assembly, and you can hear a sloshing noise if the tub or machine is moved.

If there is no water visible in the bottom of the tub or no stagnant odor from the tub, there's a 98% chance the pump is working and draining proper.

And we're back to the motor control board and or harness for a slow spin problem.

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17