View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddelling View Post
I need to replace the dual infinite switch kit on my stove. I received the new switch and it has different connector positions on it. I am looking to understand how to connect the new switch. The old switch had the following:

Red Wire Connected to Position 4
Dual Red Wire Connected to Position 5
Black Wire Connected to Position 1 (LED)
Dual Black Wire Connected to Position 2
Brown Wire Connected to Position 3
Yellow Wire Connected to Position 6

The new switch has:

P1
P2
S1
S2
4a

The directions are very confusing. I would like to know how to wire the new switch. Any help would be very much appreciated..
Sir,

I am not sure I can be exactly correct in helping you wire your new switch.

Your wiring colors are correct but your switch locations are not, based on my wiring diagram for a JES9800AAW and the new switch configuration.

I will assist you as best I can with the information I have.I will be including the component the wires should be going to so you may varify if you need to.

First, install the jumper wire from P1 to S1 terminals on new switch

Red wire(single) on terminal 4 on old switch should be on terminal 2 on new switch and terminates at burner sensor circuit.

Red wire(dual) on terminal 5 on old switch should be on terminal P2 on new switch and will terminate at terminal block and jump over to the next infinite switch.(two directions).

Black wire (single) on terminal 1 of old switch should be on S2 terminal on new switch and terminate at indicator light.

Black wire(dual) on terminal 2 on old switch should be on P1 terminal on new switch(beside jumper wire connection) and terminate at terminal block and jump to the next infinite switch(two directions).

Brown wire terminal 3 on old switch should be on terminal 4 on new switch and terminate at outside burner element terminal on burner.

Yellow wire terminal 6 on old switch should be on terminal 4A on new switch and terminate at inside burner element terminal on burner.

Test burner operation, low and hi settings and re assemble the unit.

This is a compilation of the information you supplied, the wiring diagram for the unit, and the new switch configuration, and should have you up and running in no time
Thanks for leting us help you

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17