View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 03:31 AM

vjskwarek is on a distinguished road
Default Replacement of Oven Control Unit

I ended up replacing the Oven Control Unit late last year and the oven worked! I was so excited. One recommendation would be that in addition to the OCU that you also purchase the plastic cover plate to match your unit. Mine did not separate cleanly and so it tore a bit. I bought another cover plate to match the color of my range to make the repair. Cover plate was about $15 from this website if I remember correctly.

I am an engineer and looked around for wiring diagrams and could find none. So I decided to just pull the range back off and not disconnect anything until I felt confident in what I was doing. The OCU has the majority of the wires going to it and there wasn't much else electrical associated with the range. So I labeled the wires and made a small diagram before disconnecting anything. The main safety thing which I did in addition to unplugging the range was carefully avoid touching the transformer. It all went pretty well and my wife was very happy at being able to use the oven again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17