View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 01:10 PM

BenThere is on a distinguished road
Default Dryer heats for one minutes then stops heating

I have tried allot of troubleshooting, ohm readings ok on coils, disconnected the flame sensor lead, clean all the lint, then finally after reading two other posts, I replaced the coils on the gas valve and all is ok. To change the coils , unplug the dryer, see below for open cabinet. Two coils are on the gas valve. Carefully disconnect the two pull wire connectors from each coil. Take out two philips screws in the bracket. Remove the coils. Replace the coils, small and larger coils. Small pin aligns the coils in the bracket and replace the screws and connectors. Cost about $25. There was lint in the gas tube air slots. I have a MAGIC CHEF YG20JN5, LP gas dryer, it is 19 yrs old. I have replaced the belt, rollers, slip pads, blower cage, and now the coils. It has a lint screen in the lower front door. It keeps going. To open the top, I push on the two clips about 4 inches from the side in the front top crack. Lift the top and rotate back out of the way. Remove two screws inside top front left and right corners. Disconnect two metal clips that hold the wires for the door switch. Lift the front panel up off the two bottom catches. Rotate front panel out of the way. Now there is access to the blower, gas valve, etc. This is give back for info I received, saved me the cost of new dryer.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17