View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 11:06 AM

ellenboutin is on a distinguished road

my drip pan is located under my refrigerator. the hose that goes to this drip pan comes from the freezer part. I had to take everything out of my freezer and take the bottome tray and back piece off. This is where I saw the ice build up on the bottom of the freezer under the tray. I first got all the ice removed by using a heat gun, but a hair dryer will work just as well. I did not make sure that the hose was completely clear though so the ice built up again within one week and I had to do this all over again. In order to clear the ice out of the hose, I kept pouring hot water down into the hose and then getting the melted water out of the hose by puttin a paper towel all wrapped up into the hole to soak up the water that was melted so I could put more hot water into the hole. After doing this a few times, I heard the water go down into the drip pan elow and I knew the hose was clear of any clogs. I don't know why I am getting so much water coming out of my freezer though. I do not have an ice maker or anything so I don't know what to do next.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17